We are currently recruiting for a Design Assistant within our Kings Road Design Studio. This is position is ideal for a candidate looking to start a career in lighting design. In depth design training is provided in-house by experienced members of our design, technical and controls teams.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate a clear passion for architectural lighting as well as interiors and architecture. Successful completion of an interior architecture or interior design course/degree; or work experience in the lighting industry would be preferable.
This exciting and rewarding role will give the opportunity to work on some of the world’s most exciting luxury lighting projects in the fields of residential, hospitality and marine applications.
Some of the main roles for this position include;
- Working as part of a team to create discreet lighting designs for clients
- Creating lighting specifications for luminaires and controls
- Producing CAD drawings of lighting layouts
- Compiling concept presentations to illustrate design proposals
- Adjustments and commissioning of the lighting system
- Site meetings
- Project management including co-ordination with other project members
- Liaising with clients in our showroom to demonstrate lighting effects and to give design advice
Applicants should be able to demonstrate excellent design and technical skills as well as being highly organised. IT essentials include proficient use of AutoCAD, and MS Office with advanced software and product training given in-house. The candidate should be fluent in written and spoken English and a good communicator. We are looking for a team player who will be a valuable addition to our dynamic team. This is a full-time position and the vacancy is available immediately.
Competitive salary, bonus + benefits included
To apply, a portfolio of work which can be used to demonstrate a design approach is essential and should be emailed with CV and covering letter explaining why lighting is important to you to Luke Thomas.