Creative Director Sally Storey reveals her top five lighting tips to add ambience to the home in the July issue of InsideOut Arabia.
“Lighting is one of the most powerful interior design tools. It can change the mood and atmosphere of interiors and landscapes at the touch of a button to decorate with light. With LEDs now lasting longer than before, it is more important than ever to consider the lighting design carefully”
- “Layer the lighting. Different layers of light can create a textured effect, providing depth and interest to any space in your home.”
- “Turn your bathroom into a spa. Add a spa-like quality to your bathroom to aid your relaxation. This can be achieved by adding low level lighting by either uplighting behind a bath or using a floor washer to skim light across the floor.”
- “Create a soft focus. In living rooms, a simple trick to add ambience is to light the centre of a coffee or dining room table.”
- “Accentuate architectural details. Lighting the architectural details of a room is where you create the mood.”
- “Dim everything. In living rooms, a simple trick to add ambience is to light the centre of a coffee or dining room table.”