A control system for residential and commercial projects is the perfect way to manage your lighting and other aspects of your home and building on one interface.
What do lighting control systems do and how do they work?
A lighting control system can simply control your lights for one room to a whole house or more advanced systems can also control blinds, music and so much more on a single end user interface.
A control system can range from a single/multiple circuit solution to a whole house fully integrated system allowing simple robust control from a scene setting keypad, application on phone/tablet through to voice control.
See below a handy sketch from Rako showing how their wireless system can be utilised:
What are the advantages of using a control system?
There are many advantages of using a control system including:-
- Seamlessly switch lights on and off, open/close curtains or blinds, turn on your heating and music all at a touch of a button and/or on an easy to use app allowing for global scenes to switch the whole house on or off as you enter or leave
- Switch any circuit from any location
- Holiday modes
- Time clock control
- Turn lights automatically on when you walk into a room with a PIR system
- Create moods with your lighting perfect for daytime, reading, watching television and entertaining
- Customise the scenes to make the most out of your open plan space
- Save energy by only have lights on when you need them
- Use an app to control the lights whilst you are away from your home or office
Below showcases how a control system was used to control the lights to create different moods; from no lights to a day time feel then an evening mood and party mood to late at night whilst you are sitting in the living room space.
Where can I use a control system?
You can use a control system in a house, boat, one room, whole building, hotel, everywhere. It is not limited to a certain type of room or building as it can be simply a switch for one room to a more bespoke system for multiple rooms, open plan living spaces, buildings, etc.
Below shows examples of how lighting on a control system can be used to create different moods:
What different control systems are there?
We categorise our lighting controls into four categories; standalone, single room, multi room and whole house/building.
See below a variety of the control systems that we offer:
|Switches and Dimmers||PIR System||Rako Wireless||Lutron GRAFIK Eye 3000|
|Multi Room:||Whole House/Building System:|
|Rako Wired||Lutron GRAFIK Eye QS||Helvar Imagine||Lutron HomeWorks QS|
Many of the above can be used in multiple circumstances.
For more information on lighting control systems give us a call on +44 (0)20 7371 9000 for UK and Europe or +971 (0) 4 554 0488 for UAE and Asia.