Check out what we are up to at Monaco Yacht Show this year.
Monaco Yacht Show 2016 Highlights
By Claudio Zimarino, Marine Lighting Advisor
From 28th September to 1st October 2016, Monaco hosted its annual rendezvous of yachts. It is remarkable that one of the world’s smallest countries hosts the largest international superyacht event in the world. Monaco Yacht Show is one of the most important dates in the industry calendar, with a number of superyachts revealed to the industry for the very first time every year. This is an event that attracts superyacht owners with $500 million to $8 billion in assets.
With so many interesting boats and features to see during the week, the trends that stood out:
- Even larger on-board beach clubs
Picture from: Wider Yachts website
- Why not opt for a two seat submarine for $2.5M for those times that underwater exploration is a must!
Picture from: U-Boat Worx website
- If instead you prefer sports cars, then you cannot miss the latest trend: couple your Aston martin with an Aston martin boat!
Picture from: Quintessence Yachts’ Facebook
- Or maybe with a Mercedes Benz one…
Picture from: Silver Arrow Marine’s website
Innovative and futurist yachts:
- Feadship launched this fantastic platform where the yacht can be composed by a heli-drone, a floating beach club or a day boat that is also the yacht’s engine at when not detached from the side. Maybe too much? Maybe, but it is nice to dream…and one day they will come true.
Pictures from: Feadship’s website
Looking forward to seeing these trends emerging during the next year and what superyachts are at next year’s show!