Lighting Design Assistant
We are currently recruiting for a Design Assistant within our Kings Road Design Studio. This is a junior position ideal for a candidate looking to start a career in lighting design. In depth product and design training is provided in-house by experienced members of our design, technical and controls teams.
The ideal candidate will have 0 – 1 years’ experience and must be able to demonstrate a clear passion for architectural lighting as well as interiors and architecture. Successful completion of an interior architecture or interior design course/degree would be preferable.
This exciting and rewarding role will give the opportunity to work on some of the world’s most exciting luxury lighting projects for residential, hospitality and marine applications.
Some of the main roles for this position include;
- Working as part of a team to create discreet lighting designs for clients
- Creating lighting specifications for luminaires and controls
- Producing CAD drawings of lighting layouts
- Compiling mood board presentations to illustrate design concepts
- Commissioning of the lighting system
- Site meetings
- Project management including co-ordination with other project members
- Liaising with clients in our showroom to demonstrate lighting effects and to give design advice
Applicants should be able to demonstrate good design and technical skills as well as being highly organised. IT essentials include proficient use of AutoCAD, and MS Office with advanced software and product training given in-house. The candidate should be fluent in written and spoken English and a good communicator. We are looking for a team player who will be a valuable addition to our dynamic team. This is a full-time position and the vacancy is available immediately.
Bonus + benefits included
To apply, a portfolio of work which can be used to demonstrate a design approach is essential and should be emailed with CV and covering letter explaining why lighting is important to you to; firstname.lastname@example.org